Spider Tags, also called Spider Wraps, are an effective way for retailers to protect, monitor and secure expensive merchandise. This usually includes boxes of electronics such as televisions, stereos, monitors, computer parts, and headphones, or other boxes of higher-cost items such as tool kits, encyclopedias, books, boxed wine and other alcohol. These tags provide two levels of protection: alerting you both when the item’s tag has been tampered with (like being cut or ripped out of the lock) and notifying your Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) system that the unpaid merchandise (containing the spider tag) have passed through the gate.
Spider Tags can significantly decrease shoplifting in your store. They prevent shrinkage by acting as a visual deterrent to theft, a physical obstacle for shoplifters, and a self-alarming security unit for your boxed and rectangular products.
- Sleek and elegant design with a black body and black wires
- Two levels of protection: alerting you at the door and if tampered with
- Self-alarming: one of the few tags on the market that can sound their own alarm in case of theft or interference
- Simple to setup and tag items with
- Easy to remove at checkout with a Universal Superlock Detacher
- Long battery life of around 2-3 years after the first activation
- Higher-ticket items like televisions, stereos, monitors, computer parts, headphones, or other boxes of higher-cost items can be protected without harming the product’s, or your store’s, aesthetic.
- The extra level of protection and alarming capabilities ensure that your product will be as secure as possible when armed with a Spider Tag. It is nearly impossible to remove Spider Tags without an incredibly powerful magnet, such as the Universal Superlock Detacher.
- The Spider Tag’s loud alarm can alert staff members to the potential theft taking place. The alarm will continue sounding until it is deactivated by a staff member or it runs out of battery. Either way, the self-alarming capabilities of the Screamer Tag will allow your staff to always be aware of when someone has tried to shoplift tagged items.
- The tag is incredibly easy to arm your products. All you need to do is:
- Connect the detacher to the top and press the button on the side to “deactivate” the Spider Tag
- Twist the tag counterclockwise to loosen the wires
- Wrap the wires around your boxed or cube/rectangle-shaped product so that one cord is on each side. When it is secured, twist clockwise until it is secure.
- Press the button on the side and continue to twist the tag as tight as you would like it. This will make a tightening noise.
- All done!
- It is even easier to remove or disarm the tag. Simply put the Spider Tag over top of a Detacher. Simply:
- Press the button on the side (the one you used to arm and secure the product) and it should immediately loosen.
- Twist counterclockwise to continue loosening the tag.
- Put the Spider Tag aside and it can be reused
- Spider Tags are a cost-effective solution to the shrinkage of more expensive items. With their long shelf life of around 2 to 3 years, Spider Tags can be used repeatedly if they remain intact and unharmed.
Spider Tags come in packs of 10!